Sunday, January 4, 2009


I've noticed that I'm an UP looking person when it comes to taking pictures...as I sit here, I have no idea why. Perhaps it's all the art training I've had in my life that makes me search for a more artful and interesting shot. Perhaps it's because I'm usually always looking down while walking (a habit that yields a lot of dropped money and other ground scores...and helps me not to fall or trip while I'm making my way through the world) Perhaps it's just that I'm vertically challenged (this is the polite way of saying I'm short) and things like pillars, are tall and reach UP into whatever medium they're currently enjoying...

I find that I am strangely attracted to pillars.

Mostly the pillars I have seen and photographed with wild abandon are attached to ruins of some sort. This particular pillar came in a set, and was in the middle of a ghost town in Southern Arizona...attached to the foundation of a building that for the life of us, we couldn't figure out what it was...

But, the sky in the background looked amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment